"An awesome way to see and learn the history of The French Quarter and New Orleans."
What a fun way to explore such an old city! You and your guests are going to love the opportunity to sit back and relax while your carriage driver unfolds 300 years of fun-filled history on your mule-drawn carriage ride. A tour with Royal Carriages covers the storied history of New Orleans, discussing everything from our resilient culture to the aging architecture.
Royal Carriages was awarded the
2018 Louisiana Attraction of the Year Award
by Louisiana Travel Association.
"Get out of the crowd and off your feet while taking in the French Quarter on a carriage ride. New Orleans offer many tours, but what sets the Royal Carriage tours apart is the small groups and the ability to relax while taking in the sights and history. On the tour, you can cover a large area of the French Quarter, learn interesting history of the area, and get off of your feet and relax. The driver/guide is well-informed and with such a small group can answer individual questions. Lots of fun!"
-Trip Advisor Review by Joseph D
All 1-Hour French Quarter Tours, conducted between the hours of 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, include a tour inside the oldest above ground cemetery in New Orleans, Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1. Admission into the cemetery is included. (The cemetery closes daily at 3:00 pm and is not open at night.)
All 1-Hour French Quarter Tours, conducted after the hours of 4:00 pm, roll through a second historic neighborhood known as the Faubourg Marigny to show off lots of fabulous architecture in addition to local live music districts.
All 30-Minute Carriage Tours feature the French Quarter's amazing history, culture, and architecture.
Please refer to our reservation calendar for a detailed list of tours and availabilities.
Purchase your tickets now to guarantee your seat!
- 30-Minute or 1-Hour French Quarter Carriage available.
- Group carriage tour travels at a leisurely pace and with small groups exceeding no more than 8 passengers per carriage.
- This tour departs from 700 Decatur. All tour participants must check in with the manager on duty, located under the red umbrella. He or she will place you on the correct carriage for the tour.
- Due to the popular nature of these tours, tickets are required to guarantee your seat on the carriage. We are usually unable to accommodate those guests who arrive without pre-purchased tickets.
- Tickets and boarding instructions are emailed immediately after purchase. Having printed tickets is not necessary.