Your Carriage Awaits...
Why walk or ride a bus, when an intimate mule-drawn adventure is an option? As seen on TLC, The History Channel, HBO, The Food Network, TruTV, The Travel Channel, and more!! Royal Carriages is one of the best and most authentic experiences offered for both tourists and locals.
Royal Carriages is a 75 year old family-owned tour company operating historic mule-drawn carriages in the heart of New Orleans.
Create a mule-drawn moment with one of our six different carriage tours of the city, including:
- Classic Carre`: French Quarter Carriage Tour
- Hallowed Graves: The St. Louis #1 Cemetery Tour
- Shadow Quest: A Mysterious Spirit Tour
- Dixie Bohemia: The Faubourg Marigny Tour
- JazzLand: The Faubourg Treme Tour
- Uptown Dynasty: The Garden District Tour
All Royal Carriage drivers are licensed tour guides for the City of New Orleans, and also licensed by the Archdiocese to enter the cemetery gates of St. Louis #1, the oldest above ground cemetery in existence in North America. Royal Carriage drivers have over 160 years of combined tour guide experience.
Our historic mule-drawn carriage tours depart daily from the 700 Block of Decatur Street at Jackson Square. (see map)