"Worth every penny"
While the enchanting city of New Orleans offers inquisitive travelers a variety of tours to choose from during their visit, there can truly be no better way to see the Crescent City than from the back of your own personal and private mule-drawn carriage. Royal Carriages has been in business since 1941, and this family-run tour company continues to welcome New Orleans' guests in style just as it did over 75 years ago.
Boasting expert guides and well-cared for mules, Royal Carriages serves as goodwill ambassadors, taking guests throughout the French Quarter and beyond, with private carriage tours that can be personally customized to suit your interests.
You've never seen a city like this before! When you are in a city as unique and endearing as New Orleans, no simple tour will do. See the sights in style aboard a comfortable carriage, and see why New Orleans remains one of the top tourist destinations in the country.
"Exploring the French Quarter of New Orleans with a romantic carriage ride Fun facts: New Orleans was originally owned by the French who then gave it to Spain. Later on, Napoleon Bonaparte took it back and sold New Orleans to America in 1803."
#Repost @roamaroo by @neworleanscarriages
"We loved our private carriage ride through the French Quarter with Royal Carriages. We had previously taken both a bus tour and a cemetery tour and had heard just about all similar stories about New Orleans, but on the carriage ride, we learned a lot more and interesting facts as well as an introduction to the architecture of that part of the city. Our carriage driver was a friendly and robust guide who imparted her love of the city in her words on the tour. The carriage mule jingled along at just the right pace. I highly recommend taking this trip."
-Trip Advisor Review by Gitana
Purchase your tickets now to guarantee your seat!
- This private carriage tour travels at a leisurely pace and seats up to four adult passengers comfortably.
- This carriage tour travels throughout the French Quarter and a variety of other tour options to include at no additional charge.
- This tour departs from 700 Decatur St.
- Only two private carriage reservations available per hour. We are unable to accommodate those without prior reservation.
- Tickets and tour instructions are immediately after purchase. Having printed tickets is not necessary.
- Gratuity is not included in the tour price but greatly appreciated.